What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that contain information and are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. They are sent back to the originating website on subsequent visits or to other websites that recognize the cookie. Cookies are essential for websites to recognize a user’s device.
Yes, we do.
Types of cookies
There are two main types of cookies:
- First-party cookies: These are served directly by the website operator to your computer and are used to recognize your computer when you revisit the site and remember your preferences.
- Third-party cookies: These are served by service providers on behalf of the website operator and may be used for web analytics or advertising purposes.
Cookies can also be categorized as ‘session cookies’ or ‘persistent cookies.’ Session cookies are automatically removed when you close your browser, while persistent cookies remain until they expire. We use both session and persistent cookies.
Categories of cookies we use
- Strictly necessary cookies: Essential for users to navigate the website and use its features, e.g., shopping baskets and e-billing.
- Performance cookies: Collect information about how users use the site, without identifying individuals.
- Functionality cookies: Remember user choices and enhance features like language preferences or font size.
- Targeting or advertising cookies: Collect information about users’ browsing habits, which may include interactions with social media sites, to display relevant content elsewhere on the internet. Note that these may be used for remarketing in limited circumstances.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about how people use our website for improvement, and this data is anonymous. You can use our website anonymously without providing any information. The information we may collect includes:
- The areas of the website you visit
- The time spent on the site
- Whether you are a new or returning visitor
- Referral sources to our website (e.g., email links or search engines)
- The type of device and browser you use
- How you use the website and the quality of your experience
Website statistics analytics
While visiting our website, you may receive cookies from third-party content embedded on our pages, such as YouTube videos, Twitter feeds, Facebook likes, or Google Plus shares. Nodding Relief does not control these third-party cookies; please review their cookies and privacy statements on their respective sites for more information.
Changing your cookie preferences
The “Help” menu in most web browsers can guide you on changing your browser’s cookie settings, including notifications for new cookies and disabling cookies. For more details, refer to www.allaboutcookies.org.
How to disable cookies?
If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer and wish to block Nodding Relief’s website cookies:
- Select ‘Internet Options’ from your browser tools menu.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab, then ‘Sites.’
- Type in the ‘Address of website’ field: www.noddingrelief.org
- Click ‘Block,’ followed by ‘OK.’
For other browsers, find more detailed information on disabling cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.